Silver Sunday - Met. Monday



    Today I am joining Silver Sunday hosted by Gypsy Fish. What a fun meme and a fabulous chance to see some gorgeous Silver. I am also joinging Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Met. Monday. We sure to check out both these ladies to find a list of all the other participants and see all their wonderful posts.


    With all of the Christmas packed away for another year, I am ready to create. I copied the Dollar Tree hurricanes that I saw in blogland and made several Christmas gifts and this got me to thinking about what else I could use for candles. So I gathered up a potpourri of things and got out the glue gun and started to work.


    This is my version of the Dollar Tree hurricanes that I made. Just a candlestick and a vase.


    In my collection of things to try and use I had a glass compote that I dropped and broke the stem off. It broke in so many pieces I couldn't glue it back together.


    I got out the Tarnx ( much easier than silver polish ) and cleaned up the two silver rimmed coasters that I had and one lone silver candlestick that I had.


    With them all polished, this is what I put together. I glued one of the coasters to a glass candlestick, and glued the broken compote stem inside the silver candlestick.


    Using a couple of mercury candleholders, a silver charger and a silver bowl, I created a new vignette for the buffet.


    I reworked a floral arrangement to fit the sideboard and placed it in a Paul Revere silver bowl that I have had for years. The silver charger and mercury candleholders came from GW months ago.


    Dug through my stash of candles and gave them a little decoration with some different ribbons that went with the color scheme.


    And Ta-Dah I had a whole new arrangement and was able to use some pieces that I had in a different way. To me that's great fun and it didn't cost me a thing. Just using what I already had.


    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits and can't wait to see what you're all up to for the coming year.


Post Title

Silver Sunday - Met. Monday


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/01/silver-sunday-met-monday.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive