Transitioning to Winter

    Now that all the Christmas decorations have been put away, and the extended family has returned to their homes and jobs, I too am adding some winter decor to see us through the next few months. I've been going room by room organizing and editing. Organizing is easy for me, and one of my favourite things to do. Editing my accessories, not so easy. But I am trying. I'm joining Melissa at The Inspired Room and sharing some ways that our home is transitioning to winter.
    I kept the simple Christmas wreath on our front door because with the pinecones and drop cloth bow I think it transitions nicely to winter without any changes.
    I also kept the sap bucket on the porch light filled with greens. The two with Merry Christmas on the garage lights have been put away, but this simple snowman will stay.
    We like having warm throws, quilts and afghans on chairs and couches to keep us cozy and to add some of the texture Melissa was talking about here. Nothing like snuggling in the living room or family room with a great decor book or some needlework.
    An evening crochet project to keep my hands busy and to help resist the urge to snack.
    I gathered some snowpeople for the front entry cupboard. A bit of texture was added with the crocheted piece. Some natural elements include a pinecone and the raffia on the snowman my youngest made. Oops, misplaced his wooden carrot nose!
    Simple pinecones replace the Christmas-y silver balls in the snowflake etched mercury glass bowl. I may replace the white runner with an ecru crocheted table cloth now that I see this picture.
    Finally, we have been blessed by our friends this week with many cards, prayers, mass intentions and floral gifts. From two of my dearest friends we received this potted bush that we can enjoy indoors while the snow is piled outside and look forward to planting outdoors when warm weather arrives. Loving the texture, colour and scent it adds to our winter home.
    Be sure to drop by The Inspired Room (link above) for the rest of the linky party.
    Thanks for stopping by.

Post Title

Transitioning to Winter


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/01/transitioning-to-winter.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive