A Ruffled Skirt Office Chair

    My hobby room projects are getting done one by one. I changed the fabric on this office chair several weeks ago, but added the ruffled skirt to give it a little personality.

    Below is the chair when we were given it {free!}. It functioned well but the arms needed a good cleaning and the gray fabric doesn't fit in our home. I unscrewed the arms and gave them a good soapy scrub and they cleaned up well. I picked up some black denim with a bit of stretch in the fabric for $4 a metre. The seat and arms were unscrewed and upholstered with a staple gun. 
    The back of the chair would not unscrew easily so I made a bit of a slipcover and then used the staple gun to close it at the bottom.


    Part of making over my hobby room involves sorting through fabric and organizing my supplies. I also want to update a few things I already have. I decided to take the time to hem and gather a long strip of the fabric and hot glue it to the chair. This project cost less than $8. Not bad for a free chair.


    I will be linking to the following parties:
    Edited to Add: I'm also joining in SNS # 43 Old Chairs special theme party. Be sure to stop by.

    Make Your Monday at Twice Remembered Cottage.

    Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage.
    Thanks for stopping by and I hope you visit again soon.

Post Title

A Ruffled Skirt Office Chair


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/01/ruffled-skirt-office-chair.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive