Thread Spool Tassel Tutorial



    Several of you asked for a complete tutorial for making tassels with thread spools. This is just the easiest thing. In my last post I made a couple using fringe and tassels along with ribbons, you can check them out below, but I thought I would make this one with just ribbon.

    This one I am making for a friend of mine, and I know that she likes pink and black. She even had a small black christmas tree and it was gorgeous. I've just gathered an empty thread spool and an assortment of ribbons in different widths.


    I start at the bottom of the spool and work my way up to the top. I've started by using hot glue to fix several pink ribbons overlapping each other all the way around the bottom. How many always depends on the width of your ribbon and you can cut them any length you want.


    Next I chose a checked ribbon and started glueing it around the sides of the spool again overlapping a little.


    This row is all done.


    Next I am using an even wider wired pink polka dot ribbon and just overlapping a little again all the way around the spool.


    You can do as many layers as you want, but I don't like for them to be too fluffy. The last row that I'm adding is glued right up at the top of the spool and I decided to use a black and white polka dot in a med. width.


    Now I am ready to finish off the top, so I glued a narrow white ribbon all the way around the top, again overlapping a little.


    For the hanger I just took a really narrow ribbon and cut a piece long enough to thread through the spool and on the bottom I tied a knot large enough that it would not pull through the hole.


    For the final touch I glued a couple of leaves and tiny rose buds to the top.


    Ceekay this is for you. Hopefully we can get together soon.


    Thanks so much for stopping by. I really appreciate your visits.

Post Title

Thread Spool Tassel Tutorial


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/01/thread-spool-tassel-tutorial.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive