Crocheted Ski Hat

    It has been really cold here these past few weeks and am I glad I finished my new hat that I started here. I used the same wool from my super thick knit scarf, but this time in black with the flecks of oatmeal.


    My oldest sister has crocheted dozens of these this winter and when I saw them I decided to make my own. I have trouble finding a hat that fits. My mother always said we had 'generous' heads. Big, she meant big.
    My sister had already adjusted the pattern for her own hat, so I used the same. It is a bit loose, just the way I wanted it. I hate messing with the hair.


    They are styled after Peruvian ski hats. My sister has made lots with pom poms, crocheted flowers, snowflakes stitched on the crown, thin braids for boys, and in so many different sizes and colours. I hope to get to the wool store tomorrow because my boys and nieces have been asking for hats of their own. Luckily they work up fairly quickly.


    I'm sharing this with Air Your Laundry Friday, Textile Party #18 at Freckled Laundry. It is an older post, but one I hope you enjoy seeing.

     

Post Title

Crocheted Ski Hat


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/01/crocheted-ski-hat.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive