For the love of QUILTS

    I painted over a sign I picked up at a yard sale with acrylic craft paint.
    Printed some lettering on the computer.
    Coloured all over the BACK of the sheets with pencil, trimmed them to fit and taped them to the sign. Pressing hard, I traced the letters to transfer the letters to the sign.
    Then I filled in the pencil lines with black paint.
    Distressed the edges with my 3M sanding block.
    I think it still needs some glaze to age it a bit. It is a creamy colour that didn't show in these photos.
    This sign will go in my hobby room. I hope it inspires me to produce more of these:
    A Santa wall hanging made from a panel kit.
    A scrappy twin quilt with a Northwoods feel for our guest room in the basement.
    A twin sized denim quilt made from recycled jeans also for our guest room in our basement.
    The very first quilt I made, a well faded full-size log cabin quilt.
    An advent calendar from a fabric panel.
    A flannel runner for the entry hall table and a matching small throw in lovely little plaids.
    Now if only I had a bigger fabric stash:)


    I'm linking to SNS#14 at Funky Junk Interiors. Please stop by to see Donna's fabulous blog and to check out all the participants.

    And to Cindy's Cottage Instincts Make it For Monday. Be sure to stop by and check out all the participants.

Post Title

For the love of QUILTS


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/01/for-love-of-quilts.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive