Winter Fun

    While I may at times dream of warmer weather, I like to be reminded of why I enjoy the change of seasons and weather we experience here in Ontario. Even winter.
     Winter driving to and from work, even just to the grocery store, can be challenging some days. And what were we thinking when we chose my vehicle with leather seats. Rock hard frozen, morning, noon and night until the seat heater warms them up. Especially during the cold spell we just had. It was so cold I was inspired to knit a hat and four scarves in 2 weeks. Right after I bought a new black parka. I  keep a coat in the car for emergencies, but normally drive to and from work in a hoodie and insulated vest. But I bought the parka and have had to wear it more than I care to.
    Our kids love when we get fresh snow. When we haven't had a lot of accumulation, like this week with the milder temps, they really enjoy when we travel a bit further north to visit family who live in the 'snowbelt'.
    At our local park toboggan hill my kids wear snowboarding helmets and goggles (after a run in with ice two years ago), but on their cousin's gentle yard slope, no helmets needed.
    We also spend several hours a week at the arena. Both our boys, and my niece, play hockey.
    Family skate at our local arena is fun too.
    We are really looking forward to following the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, BC in February.
    On tv...in our nice warm home...in front of the fireplace...
    Now if only I had a huge mudroom for all the wet boots, winter sports equipment, smelly hockey bags, and piles of coats, snowpants, mitts and hats. Oh, and really cute hooks for my new scarves. Have a great week.

Post Title

Winter Fun


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/01/winter-fun.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive