Tablescape Thurs. - Let's Have Soup



    Today I am joining the gracious Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thurs.



    I am also joining Michael @ Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday. Be sure to check out both of these lovely ladies to see there creations and a list of all the other participants.

    It has been cold and rainy, so I thought a big bowl of steaming hot Cream of Broccoli Soup sounded wonderful for dinner.


    I love this Fitz and Floyd tureen and use it every chance I get.


    The detail on the whole tureen is just fabulous, but I think the lid is just stunning. Love, love, love it.


    Since this is a soup dinner, I've used a checked tablecloth and matching napkins and kept the accessories very casual. The tureen is the star of the show.


    Eash placesetting is placed on a rattan placemat that I've had for years.


    I've been wanting this pretty ivory handled flatware from Horchow and it finally went on sale for half price, so I just had to have it.


    I've had these simple green stems for ages, I don't remember where I got them.


    We love tea or coffee for dinner, and I'm using the famous Big Lots cups and saucers.


    The soup bowls are the matching Big Lots dishes. I love these. They are a big generous size.


    The green cabbage saucer adds some green to the placesetting. It says Portugal S on the back.


    I've used a yellow salad plate with pretty fruit and flowers on the pattern. It is Nikko Woodbury.


    I love the fruit and trellis design on these pretty white plates. The pattern is International Tableworks Arbor.


    As the sun went down I lit the candles in the little white lace tealights. I found these at the grocery store. I think they are so pretty.


    The soup was wonderful and I even had some leftovers for lunch.


    This is one of my most favorite cream soup recipes. It says Cauliflower, but it does give the broccoli substitute at the bottom of the recipe. We garnished ours with extra cheese, green onion and bacon bits. So good.


    Thanks so much for stopping by. I really look forward to your visits. Be sure to check out my sidebar and join in the fun for Table Top Tuesdays. Remember this is not just for tables, but for all out cabinets, counters, bathrooms, bookcases, hutches, shelves and any place that you display your treasures. I look forward to seeing you all there.

Post Title

Tablescape Thurs. - Let's Have Soup


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/02/tablescape-thurs-let-have-soup.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List